Sit Back, Relax, & Share the Ride
Carpooling lets you take time back in your day by sharing the financial and mental load of your commute with others:
- Spend less: Carpooling coupled with taking turns driving allows you to spend half as much time driving and half as much money on maintenance — and that’s just with one other person! Imagine how much you’d save with a carpooling group of 3 or 4!
- Sit back and relax: When you’re not driving it lets you focus on relaxing activities like reading, socializing with your fellow carpoolers, playing games, or enjoying some time decompressing from your work day.
Sign up or login to Get There Connect to find a carpool partner today.
Coordinate a carpool in-person using this carpool card in English or Spanish.
Tips for Starting Carpools
- Meet up: Go for coffee or lunch with your potential carpool partner(s) prior to your first ride and make sure it’s a good fit. Trust your gut – if something makes you feel uncomfortable, consider finding a different carpool.
- Set ground rules: Establish policies with your carpool partner(s). Have a conversation about music, food/drinks, smoking, conversations, etc.
- Figure out logistics: Determine the route and schedule for the carpool, maximum wait times for being late, as well as any back up plans.
- Determine the costs: Set cost-splitting expectations and a method for payment. This includes how costs will be shared and how often payments will be made. Consider using a cash app to make easy requests and transactions.
- Establish communication lines: Exchange preferred contact information ahead of time. Make sure to get emergency contacts for each member of your carpool, just in case.
- Make a schedule: Schedule driver days/weeks/months and stick to it.
- Enjoy the ride!