These rules (the “Official Rules”) govern your participation in the 2022 Oregon Get There Challenge, which awards prizes to people (“you” or “entrant”) who complete predetermined transportation “achievements” in the Get There tool. Please read these Official Rules carefully before submitting your entry. If you do not agree to the terms of these Official Rules, you should not enter. Participation constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Challenge.
To be eligible for the Get There Challenge, you must either live or work in Oregon and be at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Campaign staff are not eligible to win rewards and prizes.
The 2022 Get There Challenge (the “Challenge”) is sponsored and administered by the Oregon Department of Transportation (“ODOT” or “Sponsor”), 355 Capital Street NE, MS11, Salem, Oregon 97301-3871
The Challenge is open only to the following groups:
- Legal residents of Oregon who commute to work or school or make trips to destinations in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and/or California.
- Legal residents of Washington, Idaho and California who commute to work or school or make trips to destinations in Oregon.
- Legal residents of Oregon who could feasibly drive to their place of work on a daily basis, but telecommute instead*.
- Residents of other states who could feasibly drive to their place of work on a daily basis, but telecommute to an organization in Oregon instead*.
*A feasible commute is considered up to 250 miles one-way
You must be at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Achievements must be completed between 12:00 a.m. (PDT) on the first day of the Challenge (the first Monday in October) and 11:59 pm (PDT) on the last day of the Challenge (the third Sunday in October) to be eligible for weekly and grand prizes.
The online Get There Connect Platform will be the official time-keeping device.
To enter the Challenge, you first must register online at GetThereOregon.org/Challenge. Once you have registered an account, you may begin completing Challenge achievements in the Get There tool.
For a chance to win weekly prizes participants must earn ten or more points (by unlocking achievements) by 11:59 pm on Sunday, October 9 and 16. If a participant unlocks all achievements before October 9, they will automatically be entered in the October 16 prize drawing.
For a chance to win a grand prize, participants must earn 20 or more points (by unlocking achievements) by 11:59 pm on Sunday, October 16. For each point a participant earns, they will earn an entry into the grand prize drawing. Each point earned over 20 equals an additional entry into the grand prize drawing.
Weekly Prizes: Drawings will be held at noon on the Monday following each week of the Challenge. Winners will be selected at random and notified by the phone number or email address associated with their account within 24 hours of that day’s drawing. Odds of winning are based on the number of Challenge entrants, and the number of points earned by completing achievements.
Grand Prizes: The grand prize drawings will take place on October 16. The winners will be selected at random and notified by phone or email within 24 hours of the drawing. Odds of winning are based on the number of Challenge participants, and the number of points earned by completing achievements. All prizes are non-transferable. No substitution may be made except as provided at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
- Winning is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules, including rules regarding eligibility for participation.
- Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Challenge if necessary for any reason, including but not limited to non-compliance with these Official Rules, fraud or technical reasons including computer viruses, bugs, tampering, or any other technical failures. Sponsor assumes no liability for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, or misdirected entries or for any problem with internet connection or technical problems that might hinder the ability of any person to enter the Challenge. Sponsor is not liable for typographical errors in these Official Rules or other promotional materials relating to the Challenge.
- In the event of a dispute, the holder of the established email account associated with the account registered with GetThereOregon.org shall be deemed the entrant. If no established email account is present, the holder of the established phone number shall be deemed the entrant. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within three (3) calendar days or a notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to any prize, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Sponsor does not provide any warranty with respect to the prize. If a prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes.
- Prizes may be delivered by mail. Sponsor is not responsible for prizes that are lost, damaged, or stolen during or after delivery.
- By accepting a prize, you consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use and publication of your name, hometown, likeness, photograph, voice, and statements in any media without further compensation or other consideration. Such use may be for editorial, public relations, promotional, or advertising purposes, or any other legal purpose as deemed reasonable by Sponsor.
- An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the sponsor’s website should so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility and compliance with the official rules have been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Any entry that occurs after Sponsor’s computer system has been compromised or failed for any reason is deemed a defective entry, is void and will not be honored.
- By entering the Challenge, you release and hold harmless Sponsor, subcontractors, TO partners, any prize provider, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property or technology, arising out of participation in the Challenge, including the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
- Entrant shall defend, indemnify and hold Sponsor, its officers, directors, agents, employees, affiliates, and customers harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and damages (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or in connection with any breach of these Official Rules, and agrees that Sponsor will have no liability whatsoever for any claims, losses, or damages due to entrant’s acts, omissions, or breaches of these terms. In no way and no event will Sponsor be liable for any indirect, special, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages with respect to any and all claims arising from or related to Entrant’s participation in the Get There Challenge.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors, or errors in equipment or programming used in association with the execution of the Challenge; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Challenge; or (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Challenge or the processing of entries. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Challenge. If it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Challenge, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- These Official Rules are governed by the laws of the state of Oregon, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Any dispute arising out of the Challenge will be resolved in the state and federal courts located in Salem, Oregon, and all parties consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
- All intellectual property used by Sponsor in connection with the promotion and/or administration of the Challenge, including, without limitation, all trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned (or licensed, as the case may be) by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any such intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- Sponsor does not sell or rent personally identifiable information. The information you provide will only be used to contact you if you are a potential winner. Entrants should be aware that Sponsor is a public agency, and personal information provided to Sponsor may be disclosed in accordance with public records laws. Sponsor may share aggregate data about your T.O. Trips, provided that the data will not be shared in a way that can identify you personally. All entries/trip logs shall be the property of Sponsor.
Oregon Department of Transportation
355 Capitol Street NE, MS 11
Salem, OR 97301-3871